Nutrition facts: Calories: 823 kcal; Fat: 11.00 grams;
- Corn tortillas - 4 nos.
- Ripe tomatoes (finely chopped) - 2 medium.
- Green shallot (ends trimmed, finely chopped) - 1 no.
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp.
- Taco seasoning - 3 tsp.
- Spreadable cream cheese - 80g (1/3 cup).
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Use a variety of 4cm pastry cutters to cut shapes from the tortillas. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, green shallot, tomato paste, water, sugar and 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and remaining taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Serve tortilla chips with tomato salsa and cheese dip.