- Cooking Oil - As Required
- Mackerels or Sardines - 12 Nos.
- Onion (Chopped lenghtwise) - 1 Large
- Chillies Red Bedki (short variety) - 10-12 Nos.
- Coriander(Dhania) - 1, 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 Teaspoon
- Fenugreek ( Methi) - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seed (Sarson) - 1 Teaspoon
- Fennel (Saunf, Badi Shep) - 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Ball Tamarind (lemon sized) - 1 No.
- Curry Leaves (Kadi patta) - A Few
- Salt - To taste
• Soak the tamarind in water for about an hour and extract the pulp.
• Dry roast the chillies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds and turmeric.
• Heat little oil in a pan and roast the onions, ginger garlic paste.
• Use little water and grind the above 3 steps to a fine thick paste.
• Heat oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves.
• When they splutter, add the paste, salt and bring it to a boil.
• Add the fish and cook for 10mins.
• Serve hot with rice.