Nutrition facts: Calories: 779 kcal;
- Penne pasta - 1 1/2 pounds.
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Onion (chopped) - 1 no.
- Cloves Garlic (sliced) - 4 nos.
- Tomatoes (crushed) - 4 cups.
- Capers - 3 tbsp.
- Green olives (pitted and halved - 1/2 cup.
- Red pepper (crushed) - 1 1/2 tsp.
- Anchovy filets (rinsed and chopped) - 3 nos.
- Leaves fresh basil - 6 nos.
- Salt - 1 pinch.
- Ground black pepper - To taste.
- Red wine - 2/3 cup.
- Fresh sliced mushrooms - 1 cup.
- Pancetta bacon (finely chopped) - 185 g.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet and saute the onion until transparent. Add garlic and saute until soft, then the pancetta and cook until bubbling and transparent.
- Add the capers, mushrooms, olives, hot red pepper, anchovies, salt (use only a pinch because of the anchovies), ground black pepper and wine.
- Simmer until the wine is reduced by half, then add the tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes longer, add the basil leaves, then toss in the cooked pasta and sprinkle generously with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.