- Paneer - 500 gms.
- Bunches of Fresh Spinach (Medium-sized) - 2 Nos.
- Bunch fresh fenugreek leaves - 1/2
- Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil - 4 tbsp.
- Large onion (chopped fine) - 1 Nos.
- Large tomato (diced) - 1 Nos.
- Garlic paste - 2 tsp.
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp.
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp.
- Butter to garnish - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
1. Cut the paneer into 1″ cubes. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and stir-fry the paneer till golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep aside.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil to the same pan and fry the onions in it till soft.
3. Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
4. Add the spinach, fenugreek leaves, tomato, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders and mix well. Add salt to taste and mix well.
5. Cook till the spinach and fenugreek leaves are soft and like pulp. Mash well into a rough paste. If you prefer, you can also blend this paste in the food processor to get a smoother consistency.
6. Add the previously fried paneer cubes to this gravy and mix to coat the pieces.
7. Garnish with butter and serve hot with Chapatis (Indian flatbread), parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread)