December 31, 2014
- Slice chicken into long thin slices, approximately 1/4" thick and 2" in length. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Dry roast coriander seeds for a minute or two in a wok over medium heat to roast lightly, stirring often.
- Grind the coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle or electric coffee grinder (reserved for spices).
- Combine all the spices with the shallot, lemon grass, galangal and garlic together in a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces to the marinade and mix well to cover meat. Allow to marinate for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- Before cooking, soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 10 minutes, so that they will not burn.
- Skewer 2 to 3 pieces of chicken onto each stick. Grill over a hot fire until cooked through. Baste with cooking oil after turning.