Chicken Chettinad is the cuisine of the Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu state in South India. Chettinad Chicken is famous for its use of a variety of spices used non-vegetarian food. The dishes are hot and pungent with fresh ground masalas.
- Chicken - 1 Kg
- Poppy Seed (KHUS- KHUS) - 2 Tspn
- Cumin Seed - 1/2 Tspn
- Grated Coconut - 1/2 Cup
- Fennel Seed - 1 Tspn
- Coriander Seeds - 1 Tspn
- Whole Red Chillies - 6-8 Nos
- Cinnamon - 1 (One Inch Stick)
- Cloves - 2 Nos
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tspn
- Oil - 1/2 Cup
- Onion - 1 Nos (Large)
- Ginger - 2 Tspn (Chopped)
- Garlic - 2 Tspn (Chopped)
- Star Anise - 1-2 Cup
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 Tspn
- Tomatos - 3 Nos (Medium)
- Lemon - 1 Nos
- Curry Leaves - 10-12
- Fresh Coriander - For Garnish
- Salt - As Per Taste
- Clean the chicken, remove skin and cut into twelve pieces.
- Chop the onion and tomatoes separately.
- Roast the whole red chillies, grated coconut, poppy seed, coriander seed, cumin seed, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, fennel seed in oil and grind to a paste along with ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a degchi and fry the onions till golden. Add the curry leaves and the ground paste and saute for some time. Add the tomatoes, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Add chicken and mix. Cook for five minutes and then add two cup of water, lemon juice, cover and cook till the chicken is done.
SERVE HOT, GARNISH WITH CORIANDER LEAVES AND ACCOPANIED WITH BOILED RICE OR PARATHA